How to upload and add images / figures
|Description||This page provides basic instructions for the use of the wikitext syntax on dermoscopedia for editors / authors for adding figures to a chapter.|
|Author(s)||Ralph P. Braun|
|Responsible author||Ralph Braun → send e-mail|
|Status update||July 5, 2018|
|Status by||Ralph P. Braun|
We recommend that you rename your images with a unique file name:
Adding images to dermoscopedia is a 2 step process:
- Step 1 - Upload the images to the dermoscopedia file server
- Step 2 - Inserting the file from the server into the text
Uploading a file
Click on either one of these buttons:
You now have 2 choices:
- → for all figures, illustrations and dermoscopic images
- → for all dermoscopy images which should be transferred to the ISIC archive
We recommend the upload to dermoscopedia and the ISIC archive (second option).
- Steps to take
- Choose a unique descriptive name for your files
- Click on the "Upload" button and upload the file from your computer
- Wait until the file has been uploaded to the wiki.
- Add information so files will be searchable
- Click on "Save page" at the very bottom.
Inserting a file
You can insert an image (file) in the following way:
- Steps to take
- Browse to the page to which you would like to add the image.
- Click on the "Embedded files" button in the edit menu at the top of the text field.
- Add name of the file you uploaded in Step 1 including the file extension, e.g. ".png" (mandatory)
- Add a text for the caption. (optional)
- Add information to the fields of size, alignment and format (optional).
- Click on the "Insert" button.
In order to find your file including the file name:
→ Back to instructions for editors and authors.