How to handle files (uploading and using files)
|Description||This page explains the basic handling on how to upload files to dermoscopedia and how to insert them into pages.|
|Author(s)||Ralph P. Braun · Karsten Hoffmeyer · Ashfaq A. Marghoob|
|Responsible author||Karsten Hoffmeyer → send e-mail|
|Status update||September 15, 2017|
|Status by||Ralph P. Braun|
We recommend that you rename your images with a unique file name: "chapter 12_3_4 figure 3.jpg" or "dermatofibroma fig 3.jpg", etc.
Adding images to dermoscopedia is a 2 step process:
- Upload the images to the dermoscopedia file server
- Inserting the file from the server into the text
Uploading a file
Click on either one of these buttons:
You now have 2 choices:
- → for all figures, illustrations and dermoscopic images
- → for all dermoscopy images which should be transferred to the ISIC archive
We recommend the upload to dermoscopedia and the ISIC archive (second option).
- Steps to take
- Choose a unique descriptive name for your files
- Click on the "Upload" button and upload the file from your computer
- Wait until the file has been uploaded to the wiki.
- Add information so files will be searchable
- Click on "Save page" at the very bottom.
Inserting a file
You can insert an image (file) in the following way:
- Steps to take
- Browse to the page to which you would like to add the image.
- Click on the "Embedded files" button in the edit menu at the top of the text field.
- Add name of the file you uploaded in Step 1 including the file extension, e.g. ".png" (mandatory)
- Add a text for the caption. (optional)
- Add information to the fields of size, alignment and format (optional).
- Click on the "Insert" button.
In order to find your file incluing the file name: