Level 5: SCC
See chapter on SCC for definitions.
- Scale (rough texture) is present in almost all lesions
- Glomerular (coiled) vessels
- Focally distributed towards the periphery
- Diffusely present throughout lesion
- Aligned linearly within lesion
- White circles
- Brown circles
- Rosettes (seen with polarized light)
- Brown dots aligned in a linear fashion
- Strawberry pattern seen in actinic keratosis (AK)
- Hairpin (looped) vessels with a white halo can be seen in keratoacanthomas (KA). In KA these looped-vessels tend to be aligned at the periphery.
- Polymorphous vascular pattern composed of dotted, short linear and long linear irregular (serpentine) vessels.