Level 5: SCC
|Description||This chapter describes dermoscopy criteria of squamous cell carinoma|
|Author(s)||Ralph Braun · Aimilios Lallas · Ash Marghoob|
|Responsible author||Ash Marghoob → send e-mail|
|Status update||September 10, 2018|
|Status by||Ralph Braun|
Glossary:Squamous cell carcinoma, Glossary:Scc, Glossary:Two-step algorithm Cite:Level 5: SCC Message:Level 5: SCC Participate:Level 5: SCC
Level 5: SCC: Dermoscopic Features associated with SCC:
See chapter on SCC for definitions.
- Scale (rough texture) is present in almost all lesions
- Glomerular (coiled) vessels
- Focally distributed towards the periphery
- Diffusely present throughout lesion
- Aligned linearly within lesion
- White circles
- Brown circles
- Rosettes (seen with polarized light)
- Brown dots aligned in a linear fashion
- Strawberry pattern seen in actinic keratosis (AK)
- Hairpin (looped) vessels with a white halo can be seen in keratoacanthomas (KA). In KA these looped-vessels tend to be aligned at the periphery.
- Polymorphous vascular pattern composed of dotted, short linear and long linear irregular (serpentine) vessels.