|Description||This chapter describes dermoscopyThe examination of [skin lesions] with a 'dermatoscope'. This traditionally consists of a magnifier (typically x10), a non-polarised light source, a transparent plate and a liquid medium between the instrument and the skin, and allows inspection of skin lesions unobstructed by skin surface reflections. Modern dermatoscopes dispense with the use of liquid medium and instead use polarised light to cancel out skin surface reflections. of onychopapillomaThis glossary term has not yet been described.|
|Author(s)||Luc Thomas · Amélie Boespflug|
|Responsible author||Luc Thomas → send e-mail|
|Status||editingEditing is the process of selecting and preparing written, visual, audible, and film media used to convey information.|
|Status update||June 25, 2018|
|Status by||Ralph P. Braun|
OnychopapillomaThis glossary term has not yet been described. is a benignis any condition that is harmless in the long run neoplasm of the nail bed and the distal matrix first described by Baran and Perrin1 in 1995.
It usually presents itself clinically and dermoscopically as a localized longitudinal band that can have different colorsThis glossary term has not yet been described. (longitudinal erythronychia, longitudinal leukonychia, or melanonychia) associated with splinter hemorrhages and a localized distal subungual keratosis.
ReferencesThis is material contained in a footnote or bibliography holding further information.
- R. Baran, C. Perrin Localized multinucleate distal subungual keratosis Br J Dermatol, 133 (1) (1995), pp. 77-82
- R. Baran, R. Perrin Longitudinal erythronychia with distal subungual keratosis: onychopapilloma of the nail bed and Bowen's diseaseThis glossary term has not yet been described. Br J Dermatol, 143 (1) (2000), pp. 132-135
- V. Criscione, G. Telang, N.J. Jellinek Onychopapilloma presenting as longitudinal leukonychia J Am Acad Dermatol, 63 (3) (2010), pp. 541-542
- M. Miteva, P.A. Fanti, P. Romanelli, M. Zaiac, A. Tosti Onychopapilloma presenting as longitudinal melanonychia J Am Acad Dermatol, 66 (6) (2012), pp. e242-e243
- J Am Acad Dermatol. 2016 Mar;74(3):521-6. doi: 10.1016/j.jaad.2015.08.053. Epub 2015 Oct 27. Clinical, dermoscopic, and pathologic features of onychopapilloma: A review of 47 cases. Tosti A1, Schneider SL2, Ramirez-Quizon MN3, Zaiac M4, Miteva M5.
- R. Baran, R. Perrin Longitudinal erythronychia with distal subungual keratosis: onychopapilloma of the nail bed and Bowen's disease Br J Dermatol, 143 (1) (2000), pp. 132-135