Philosopy of Dermoscopedia
|Description||This article is the introduction to dermoscopediaDermoscopedia is the name of this website and is providing state of knowledge information concerning dermoscopy - a non invasive diagnostic method. by the creators and describes the philosophyThis glossary term has not yet been described. behind this project. We feature as well the comments by the president of the IDSIDS stands for the International Dermoscopy Society. and ISICISIC stands for the International Skin Imaging Collaboration project..|
|Author(s)||Ralph P. Braun · Ashfaq A. Marghoob|
|Owner||Ralph Braun → send e-mail|
|Status update||May 29, 2017|
|Status by||Ralph P. Braun|
| Subchapter(s): |
Introduction by the president of the IDS
Introduction to Dermoscopedia by the founder of ISIC
The idea to create an onlineOnline means that something is available over, or delivered from, the internet. dermoscopyDermoscopy is a non invasive diagnostic method. (aka dermatoscopys the examination of [skin lesions] with a 'dermatoscope'. This traditionally consists of a magnifier (typically x10), a non-polarised light source, a transparent plate and a liquid medium between the instrument and the skin, and allows inspection of skin lesions unobstructed by skin surface reflections. Modern dermatoscopes dispense with the use of liquid medium and instead use polarised light to cancel out skin surface reflections.) resource arose after numerous brainstorming discussions between Ashfaq Marghoob and Ralph Braun. As educators, they both acknowledged the unmet need for a free, comprehensive, up to date, online resource of information pertaining to all aspects of dermoscopy. dermoscopedia was created to address this unmet need.
The primary goal of dermoscopedia is to promote the use of dermoscopy through education. And the single most important outcome of this education is to enhance our collective abilities at detecting cutaneous malignancies during earlier stages of tumorigenesis, thereby lowering the morbidity and mortality associated with skin cancer.
A few key points worth bearing in mind:
- The information provided on dermoscopedia is evidence based and up to date.
- Each chapter in dermoscopedia has an "owner" (aka editor). The "owner" (aka editor) is responsible for the content and accuracy of the chapter.
- Every chapter will be updated annually by the owner and the owner will take into account the suggestions make by the users of dermoscopedia.
- Users of dermoscopedia can offer suggestions on improving the content and verbiage in specific chapters and are strongly encouraged to highlight any errors or omissions.
- Chapters will have exemplar imagesThis glossary term has not yet been described. highlighting specific dermoscopic features. If any user of dermoscopedia is of the opinion that he/she has exemplar image/s that is/are superior to the one/s present in a chapter, we encourage them to submit the image/s to the editor for potential incorporation into the chapter.
dermoscopedia lives and improves only through your input!